Saturday, May 24, 2014

Top Ten Things I Want To Do This SUMMER

I am linking up with Deanna over at Mrs Jump's Class! SUMMER! It's so close...for me anyway! I go back Tuesday and Wednesday with students, and Thursday is my last day. I can't tell you how much I despise going back after this holiday weekend! Uggg!! Has your Summer started yet?
http://www.mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/2014/05/top-ten-things-i-want-to-do-this-summer.html

I think this last year has been the busiest...well, in the history of EVER! :-) I know that you are probably just like me. You love your job. You love spending time on the computer (blog hopping, pinterest, and Facebook) and your own kids have your running to volleyball, basketball, soccer, and softball. Sound familiar?! I know that it does!

I have so many things on my Summer TO DO LIST! As I am sure you do too! Here are my top ten things I want to do this Summer! 

1. 
http://kreativeinkinder.spreadshirt.com/vegas-A14586226/customize/color/48
I AM going to Vegas this Summer! I can't wait. I am finally going to get to meet all of my online friends in person. I will be attending the Kindergarten conference and the TpT conference. I have never been to Vegas.

2.
I currently have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. I looooove how I can find ideas...well, let's face it....for ANYTHING! However, I pin and never seem to get it done. So, my #2 is organize my pin boards and all of my digital clip art and fonts. We won't talk about how many clip art sets I have or fonts. 

3.
I NEED to learn how to use this thing!! LOL! For Christmas I got this fabulous camera! Well, I have NOOO idea how to use it. I am looking for a photography class to take this Summer. 

4.
This one is simple. I need to enjoy these 5 fabulous kids! My oldest is out of the house already and number 2 and 3 are in high school. It won't be long. Poor Paxtyn lol! He is doomed with 4 older sisters....and for the record....the next person that tells me that my grandson is adorable, might just get a punch to the forehead...just sayin! Yes, I am 42 and I could be a grandma, but I am NOT...not yet! :-) 


5.


Believe it or not...used to be quite the runner. I ran cross country and track in high school...never mind that was 25 years ago. I recently ran (use that term very loosely) a 5K with some teacher friends of mine. My goal this year is to run at least one 5K every other month! 

6.
I WANT to get a tattoo! I know...I know...I know! I AM 42. I have always wanted one though. I will be honest though. I have been a little scared...not a huge fan of needles. A simple one....nothing over the top. I just need to decide what and where! :-) 

7. 

We are FINALLY going on a family vacation. I don't care what our softball schedule looks like. It seems like my Summers get shorter and shorter and softball goes on longer and longer. We are going on a family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells. I am super excited. I hope that they can get along with each other long enough! LOL! 

8. 
One area in my classroom that I totally want to makeover is my classroom library! I want an AMAZING space for my students to go to! I will be shopping for a new rug, shelves, bean bags, and a lamp! 

9.

Book Studies with my Freebielicious gals!! We are planning on doing a Daily 5 study in June!
10. 
I admit it...I HATE talking on the phone. I am terrible! So, my number 10 is call the people that matter to me more! I will be better! :-)



8 comments:

  1. I'm needing to revamp my Pinterest boards too! I think I need to categorize them into just 2 boards: Things I Might Actually DO and Cute Ideas That I Will Never Have Enough Time/Energy/Money/Space/Motivation to Do lol! I'd love to meet you in Vegas too!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love Vegas! See you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sense of humor. Organize...ah yes. At least we have summer to do that!

    :) Shelley
    The Write Stuff Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for Vegas!
    And you are NOT old enough to be a grandma otherwise I am old enough to be a grandma and I'm NOT. :) :)
    Your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you are saying that when I call, you will answer? Squeal!!! Haha!

    I can't wait for VEGAS. And, for the record, you do NOT look like a grandma. I am not a fan of tattoos but I would hold your hand if you got one. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, LOVE the Daily 5! I swear that's what got me through the last of the year in first grade. My firsties absolutely loved it! Enjoy your kiddos this summer! I am your newest follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck with your tattoo....I'm a wuss...couldn't do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited about Vegas too! I look forward to meeting you! Julie

    Green Apple Lessons

    ReplyDelete