Saturday, December 14, 2013

Oh Goody...another meeting?!

5 more days! 5 more days! I can make it 5 more days, right?! Actually, this year is just flying by! I can't believe we are almost half through the year. You know what that means...closer to S.U.M.M.E.R! I looooove, I mean I reallllllly SUMMER!

 How is your year going? I have to say that I am so happy this year with my literacy block. My guided reading groups are fabulous. My D5 rotations are fantastic! I feel like I am a better teacher this year...completely! I want to share with you! What's working well for me. How I set it up....everything! Now, I know that you are probably in a district that requires certain staff meetings. You sit in those meetings and walk away thinking, "Wow, that was a waste of my time!" Why can't they listen to us?! What is most beneficial for most teachers is talking to other teachers! I want to see their rooms. I want to hear what they are doing. I don't want to sit and read an article...which by they way, is the absolute WORST thing for me. I despise sitting in a meeting and being told to read a passage or an article...OY!

Anyway, back to the task at hand! I guess we just have to do it on our own! I am planning some link ups! I will start right after Christmas. I am planning link ups for assessment, guided reading, read to self, listen to reading, work on writing, word work, read to someone, writer's workshop, reader's workshop, and many more!

So, start taking lots of pictures NOW!! If you don't have a blog, then you can email your pictures to me and I will share them for you! Speaking of pictures....I just bought my first REAL camera! I have been wanting one for a really long time. I always have a hard time buying things for myself. I thought that it was time I buy myself a Christmas gift! Eeeek!!!
 

I can NOT wait to start taking pictures with it! Now, I need a bag! I was hoping to win one of the give aways at either Marsha's Blog or Maria's blog ...no such luck! Darn it! I guess I have some more Christmas shopping to do! :-) 

I do have a quick Christmas freebie for you. My kids love to do addition! I whipped this up this morning. I hope you can use it! 
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Christmas-Color-It-addition-to-5-1021622




 

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the freebie!!! Our kiddos will love it!! You will LOVE your camera, I have the exact same one!! Merry Christmas!!
    Kelly and Kim’s Kindergarten Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to following your future posts. I agree completely with you that sharing the how and showing the how in real classroom settings is the best PD ever. Hang in there...5 days will fly by!
    With thanks
    Julie :-)
    Happy Christmas and all the best for a holiday break.
    We have carols at our church, EV, this Saturday from 5:30pm. Opposite side of the road to Erina Fair next door to Hammond Care. If you are free why not come along. I hear the keyboard player is amazing!!! ( it my son - Harry)

    Julie :-)
    Happy Christmas and all the best for a holiday break.
    We have carols at our church, EV, this Saturday from 5:30pm. Opposite side of the road to Erina Fair next door to Hammond Care. If you are free why not come along. I hear the keyboard player is amazing!!! ( it my son - Harry)

    Julie :-)
    Happy Christmas and all the best for a holiday break.
    We have carols at our church, EV, this Saturday from 5:30pm. Opposite side of the road to Erina Fair next door to Hammond Care. If you are free why not come along. I hear the keyboard player is amazing!!! ( it my son - Harry)

    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy so sorry about the ridiculous copied paragraph above. It was an accident. Delete if you wish...I tried but didn't know how...something else to learn! :-)
    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the freebie! My kids have been working on addition also! This will be great practice! :)
    Mrs. Black's Bees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy,

    Thanks so much for the cute freebie! I'm really looking forward to your literacy block linkys, such a great idea. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you bunches for the freebie. My sweeties LOVE to color (which we never have time to do), so combining the addition to 5 standard makes this perfect for the last 5 days before vacation!! Hope your week flies by and that you have some fun along the way!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! At my school, we send homework four nights each week (yikes, right?!). This is a perfect activity for the last few days before the holiday break!
    Chrissy :-)ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm prima. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger

    too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Prima

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the freebie!! I can't wait to use it this week!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete